Archive Entry
59 Old Short Hills Road, c. 1810
Photograph
Photographs of 59 Old Short Hills Road taken by Owen Lampe in July 1975. Stop #4 on the Old Short Hills Road Walking Tour. The house has had several additions. The date of the earliest portion is uncertain. The town has records of ownership of the property from 1780. In 1810, Koezia Parcell sold 5 acres of land at this location to David Dean. It is unknown if there was a building on the land at this time or if any portion of a building remains. Interior fireplaces indicate that the rear portion of the house dates from the Colonial Period and the front half from the Victorian period.
2024.026.108
Color Slide
Owen Lampe Slides
2024.026